Forgotten Angels Equine Rescue (FAER) – a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization consists of a small group of dedicated volunteers who work tirelessly to save horses, donkeys mules and ponies from slaughter and neglect.
- To rescue horses from slaughter.
- To ensure quality care and treatment of horses through intervention, education, and outreach.
- To provide transportation, holding facilities, humane and quality care for abused, abandoned and neglected horses and other animals.
- To promote public awareness for the dramatic prevalence of horse slaughter, animal abuse and neglect.
- To involve the community in events, activities and a continuing environment which teaches patience, kindness and creates a sense of moral and social well-being.
Thousands of horses are annually transported across our borders to be slaughtered for human consumption in European and Asian markets. We regularly find animals in the kill pens just waiting for transport and we acquire as many we can manage to save.
How can you help?
So far we have rescued over 200 horses and there are more on the way to our stable. However, this effort is expensive as many of these sweet animals are neglected, sick, injured, or starving. We bring them home and give them what they need to restore their health and spirit — finally we get them homes with loving families.This is wonderfully rewarding work, but very expensive; therefore, we host these events to support our rescue activities.
If you want to join our cause and can help with our mission to help horses everywhere, please use the “Donate” button and make a tax deductible donation securely through PayPal.
Check donations can be mailed to:
Forgotten Angels Equine Rescue
288 Hartford Road
Medford, NJ 08055
There are many ways to help, consider volunteering your time either by helping with the chores and grooming at the rescue or by hosting a fundraising event, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text Darlene at 609-820-6377 or feel free to drop us a message on facebook.